I have finished the top I started altering earlier in the week.
First I did the second shoulder and lace around the neckline.
Then I gathered the shoulders so it wouldn't keep slipping and added buttons, purely for decoration. I also added a ton more lace; this time to the bottom of the top.
Finally I had to solve the issue of it being rather too wide. My first two plans failed to materialise (I couldn't find eyelet tape, or even a tool for setting the eyelets myself) so the solution was actually my 3rd idea, but I love the way it turned out.
(Please excuse my hair; I plaited it at 8 o'clock this morning and then just left it... busy working and sewing and my utter lack of make-up, it's been one of those days!)
The holes for the lacing are actually the strip of buttonholes from 2 kids school shirts! I brought age 5-6 because that was the largest size available on the 2 for 3 quid offer and luckily they are just long enough =]. I zip zagged the raw edge but left it looking frayed because I quite like the effect.
I am going away this weekend, to visit my mum in Filey so I won't have internet access again until Monday. Have a good weekend everyone and please let me know what you think of my t-shirt alteration attempt!